This bridge is being funded through the federal Highway Bridge Rehabilitation and Replacement (HBRR) program. Some facts about the HBRR program:
- It is a federal safety program administered by the State to repair deficient locally owned public bridges
- Two major categories:
- Replacement - Structurally Deficient or Functionally Obsolete with a Sufficiency Rating (SR) <= 50
- Rehabilitation - Structurally Deficient or Functionally Obsolete with a SR <= 80
Federal reimbursement rate is 80% - remaining 20% may be Local or State funds
The City is pursuing this funding program for two of its older bridges. They include:
1. Rainbow Bridge - Functionally Obsolete for deck geometry and guardrail.
- SR = 75.7 - Eligible for rehabilitation only
2. Orangevale Avenue Bridge - Functionally Obsolete for deck geometry, guardrail and bridge railing.
- SR = 47.9 - Eligible for replacement or rehabilitation
Estimated Project Costs
Alternative 1 - Replace Bridge
Alternative 2 - Replace Bridge on Changed Alignment
Alternative 3 - Widen Existing Bridge