Orangevale Avenue Bridge Informational Website
Back to Folsom Bridges Information Page
Menu
New Information
Project Need
Description
Alternatives
Costs/Funding
Schedule
Public Meetings/Input
Project Benefits
Contacts

Program Information:

This bridge is being funded through the federal Highway Bridge Rehabilitation and Replacement (HBRR) program. Some facts about the HBRR program:

  • It is a federal safety program administered by the State to repair deficient locally owned public bridges
  • Two major categories:
    • Replacement - Structurally Deficient or Functionally Obsolete with a Sufficiency Rating (SR) <= 50
    • Rehabilitation - Structurally Deficient or Functionally Obsolete with a SR <= 80

Federal reimbursement rate is 80% - remaining 20% may be Local or State funds

The City is pursuing this funding program for two of its older bridges. They include:


1. Rainbow Bridge - Functionally Obsolete for deck geometry and guardrail.

  • SR = 75.7 - Eligible for rehabilitation only

2. Orangevale Avenue Bridge - Functionally Obsolete for deck geometry, guardrail and bridge railing.

  • SR = 47.9 - Eligible for replacement or rehabilitation

Estimated Project Costs

Alternative 1 - Replace Bridge
$2.2 Million

Alternative 2 - Replace Bridge on Changed Alignment
$2.8 Million

Alternative 3 - Widen Existing Bridge
$2.7 Million